Monday, April 23, 2007

I Don't Know About This Facebook Business!

I created a facebook.com account last week.

I've known about this site for a couple of months now but I usually tend to stay away from these kind of sites.

Just like in real life, I find dealing with people to be a pain in the ass. I'd rather remain aloof. Some people think I'm just being an asshole and I guess that is pretty much true. I am an asshole when it comes to staying in touch but that's just the way I am. It's so much easier to NOT stay in touch!! Why bother with the added headaches of continued correspondence? I truly don't give a shit about what some friend I haven't seen in 4 years had for supper yesterday?

I like to maintain my mysteriousness. I like to keep people wondering where I am and what I've been doing. I kind of like the idea of people saying, "Hey what ever happened to 'CanadaDad'?" and the reply being, "I have no idea! I think he moved to BC!".

If I want to talk to someone, I'll track them down (I'm pretty good at that). But chances are, if you don't know how to reach me it's not because of an oversight on my part.

So anyway, I've got my little list of friends and I'll see how this thing goes. It seems alright so far. You can basically navigate through a friend of a friend of a friend until you track down every person you've ever met. And best of all, you don't have people popping up wanting to chat with you as soon as you log in, which is something I really hate about IM services.

I wonder who the first person to not be accepted as my 'Friend' will be? Do they get an automatic email reply? "So-and-so has refused your request be be his friend?" If so, that is awesome! You can totally be a dick! A virtual 'Go fuck yourself'! I can't wait!

No comments: