Wednesday, September 19, 2007

You Can't Collect Me!

I've come to realize that there are two main types of people using Facebook.

The first category, of which I belong, consists of those who use the site, as it was intended, as a means to keep in contact with friends. Friends.

The second category is made up of people who are on a mission to add every single person they have ever come in contact with in the course of their lives. These are 'people collectors'.Their so-called 'Friends' are reduced to the level of a stamp in a stamp collection.

Well, I refuse to be a stamp in someones collection. I'm keeping it real. Only real friends will be accepted on my friend list! The CanadaDad stamp is a rarity. I will not have my friendship whored out to the masses.

In my twisted imagination, I see one of these 'people collectors' looking over one of my friends' lists and seeing me there. They say to themselves, "Wow! It's CanadaDad! I met that guy once and I've never seen him on any lists before! This will make a sweet addition to my face collection!" They then proceed to send out the friend request and wait to be accepted.

Well keep waiting you fucker! You can't collect me!

No comments: