Thursday, November 24, 2005

Dumb Bloggers

I just realized that you can find local blogs by clicking on the city or Province/State. This is very interesting because it gives a person the ability to find the blogs of local people. I'm not saying that blogs written by people locally are better than other blogs, but it make interesting reading especially if you know a person on a professional level.

The thing is, people have this sense that they can write whatever they like because no one will ever see it anyway. Not so with the peviously mentioned browsing capability.

Example: Today I found a blog for a local guy who is in the IT industry. Being in the same field of work, I figured I would read his blog to see if I could determine where he is employed. I was able to find that he works for a well-respected local company for which his father is the president. When I read further I was able to find out that this particular person has a self-proclaimed alcohol addiction, is currently suspended from driving due to a DUI, has anger management issues and smokes marijuana on a regular basis. I'm not saying that there is anything wrong with drinking or smoking pot. The issue I see is when you start combining information about your professional life with your personal life.

No comments: