Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Facebook.com

I was doing an audit on our call center's internet usage last week and I found a ton of hits going to a site called facebook.com. At the time I'd never even heard of it. If you haven't seen it yet, it's another one of those social networking sites, similar to mySpace.com.

Yesterday I was reading an article on CNN that was talking about facebook.com. In the article it was saying that the site was becoming very popular and that the the 22 year-old designer, Mark Zuckerberg, was offered $1 billion by Yahoo for his site. But he turned it down!!!

I have a personal rule that says, If anyone ever offers me a billion dollars for a website I'm going to take it. What is wrong with this guy? He says he thinks there is still a lot of potential for the site. WTF? Who cares! It's a billion dollars! You are 22!! What are you waiting for!? If someone wants to give you a billion dollars it's finished enough! Let someone else worry about the potential while you're enjoying your billion dollars!! Do you think you need to fix it up so you can get more money for it? A billion isn't enough? Holy shit!!

Between this guy and the 70 and 80 year-olds winning every major lottery in existence I think I'm about to have a shit attack!!!

WHAT KIND OF 22 YEAR-OLD TURNS DOWN A BILLION DOLLARS???? AAAARRRGH!!!!!

I've got to go lie down.

No comments: