Thursday, July 05, 2007

Where Do You Keep All The Good DVD's??

I've had it with movie rentals! I can't even remember the last time we rented a good movie. I think the last good one was The Departed and that was way back in February.

Week after week we check the new movie rentals only to find another list of crappy crap. It then becomes a coin toss. Do we rent one of these shitty movies or do we just hope for something decent on TV? At least when we get stuck watching a shitty movie on TV we can take comfort in the fact that we didn't waste any money to watch it.

Here is a sampling of what we've had to settle for in the last few weeks:
  • Reno 911! Miami - Terrible. The only good thing I can say is that it was probably no worse than what was on TV.
  • Norbit - It had some potential and for a minute there it was almost funny.
  • Epic Movie - Holy Shit! This movie sucks! And I was really looking forward to this one too. "Finally", I thought, "a funny movie". Nope. Not even a little bit funny. I couldn't stand to watch more than a half hour of this sucky, shitfest. I should have known when it came out 2 months after the theatrical release. Don't rent this movie or you'll be sorry
It seems that every time we watch something lately, I end up with a headache. It's never a good sign when you are constantly watching the clock to see how much longer you have to watch.

It looks like it's going to be another 4 weeks before something good is available to rent (that means a solid 6 months of nothing but crappy rentals). That's when 300 comes out. Sure we've already seen it but at least we know that it's good. Beggars can't be choosers.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I find myself constantly disappointed with the new release movies. I am very passionate about films, and I own over 400 different movies, in all genres. But I know what you mean, the newest releases have done nothing but piss me off. I can offer a good one tho, if you are looking for a funny movie, "knocked up" is very good if you havent seen it.

CanadaDad said...

We only manage to get out to the movie theater about once a year (to a non child movie that is). However, I'm looking forward to seeing Knocked Up when it is release on DVD. Probably be waiting another 4 months for that though.

On the bright side, I saw Shooter last weekend and was actually happy with it. Yay! One in a row.

Things look pretty bleak again this week though. The Last Mimzy or The Astronaut Farmer. P.U!