Tuesday, September 19, 2006

September

This month is September. Not only does it mark the end of the summer but the beginning of the busiest time of year for me here at work. Thus no posts since Aug 31st.

Anyway, I'm still busier than a three-legged cat trying to cover shit on a marble floor while having to go five miles for dirt so I'm just going to have a loose-ends post here.

~Number Two and Number Three, not knowing the proper word for a bra, have made up their own word. "Booby Hangers!" It works! I think we should officially change the name from bra to booby holders.

~Number Three and I were walking down the street last week and she picked up a big stick. I asked her what she was going to do with it. She looks at me with her cute innocent face and says, "I'm going to kill someone with it." That's nice princess, that's nice.

~Number One has developed a new homework strategy that seems to involve breaking pencils and crying for two hours before sitting down and spending the 10 minutes required to get the work done. It's going to be a long year.

~I took all the kids to the library the other day (yeah, I know. I was asking for trouble). Number Two took the opportunity to run around on all fours and bark like a dog. When I tried to get her to stop she ran away from me. There is nothing more frustrating that trying to catch a wiley 6 year old in a library. I was at a loss because I wasn't able to use any of my usual arsenal. That being yelling and chasing her down.

That's all for now. Terribly busy. Must work. Things will be back to normal soon.

~

No comments: