Friday, November 10, 2006

Skin Tag! You're It!

Skin tags. What is the deal with these things? I've noticed a couple of these bad boys popping up around my coller line. Have you seen one of these? Ewwwww! Not very sexy.

According to MecidineNet.com a skin tag is a common, benign condition which consists of a bit of skin that projects from the surrounding skin and may appear attached to the skin.

Basically it looks like I have a few of microsopic peni(penuses?)(What is the plural for penis anyway?) going around my neck.

This isn't my first run-in with these things. My Grandpa had them too. I remember being totally grossed out by them when I was a kid. And now I have my very own. SWEET!!

I noticed this for the first time a couple of years ago and I really would like to get something done about this before they become the size of bananas. Nothing as drastic as going to the doctor or anything crazy like that. I'm looking for the home cure.

From all of my extensive research I have found out that skin tags have nerves and they bleed like crazy, so cutting them off is not going to be an option since I prefer not to bleed or intentionally hurt myself. I don't have much access to liquid nitrogen so freezing them off isn't going to work. This leaves me with the old tie-it-off-with-a-thread method. I just need to tie a piece of thread around it tightly and cut off the blood supply. Only problem with this method is that it takes a few days or a couple of weeks.

Sounds like it's experiment time!! Let the good times roll!

No comments: